Parking on campus at the University of Illinois at Chicago
1119 South Wolcott
Wood Street Parking Structure
1100 South Wood Street
The University of Illinois at Chicago is located in a thriving and diverse community in the heart of Chicago. Please remember that you are in a major metropolitan area. The following are some tips to enhance your personal safety while enjoying the institute and exploring the city:
- Be aware of your surroundings and identify the safest route to your destination.
- Always avoid walking alone.
- Become familiar with the campus and the neighborhood and know how to navigate it safely.
- Walk on well-lit sidewalks and pathways.
- Do not use headphones or earbuds while walking; music can be a distraction from hearing an individual or a group approaching from behind.
- Stay sober. Those who are under the influence of drugs and alcohol can be more vulnerable to would-be thieves or predators.
- Be careful about posting your location on social media and consider disabling the geolocation function.
- Whether you are staying on or off campus, it is important to remember to lock doors and windows when you are away.
- Always have a charged cell phone and emergency cash.
- Always have emergency contacts on you or in your mobile device.
These tips are just some of the steps to take when you are on and around campus. It’s important to always have a plan and to let a friend or family member know your schedule. UIC Police are available 24/7 to answer questions. Please contact the UIC police immediately at (312) 355-5555 if you see any suspicious activity or if you have been a victim of a crime.